Scholarship Recipients Announced
Ten NCOA scholarships were recently awarded to dependents of NCOA members. NCOA Scholarships are initially awarded for one academic year, but the student may be considered to receive this assistance throughout four years of undergraduate study if the student maintains a “B” average, carries the prescribed minimum of 15 hours and submits the required renewal application.
Receiving NCOA scholarships for the 2013-14 school year are:
- Kyle S. Abernathy, son of SCPO (Ret) Kent and Marsha Abernathy of Norfolk, NE
- Rose L. Dennis, daughter of SCPO (Ret) Tom and Vivian Dennis of Grand Forks, ND, recipient of the NCOA Walter W. Krueger Distinguished Scholarship
- Jessica Foree, daughter of SFC (Ret) Eric and Karen Foree of Elizabethtown, KY, was the recipient of the NCOA Gary Pfingston Distinguished Scholarship
- Kyle Gordon, son of SMSgt (Ret) Dave and Kathy Erb of Monument, CO, recipient of the NCOA E.L. “Ben” Benzel Distinguished Scholarship
- Dillon C. Luedtke, son of MSG (P) and Mrs. Frank Luedtke of Sumter, SC
- Danielle L. Powers, daughter of SFC (Ret) Bruce and Antonella Powers of Dayton, VA
- Christopher A. Radford, son of SGT (Ret) William and Susan Radford of Lexington, IN, recipient of the NCOA L.D. “Crow” Crawford Distinguished Scholarship
- Rebekah L. Whitney, daughter of MSG (Ret) Robert and Tanya Whitney of Sorrento, LA
- Bryce St. Clair, son of SSG (Ret) Stanley St. Clair of Edgar Springs, MO, and Kelly Peters of Anniston, AL, was the recipient of the NCOA Charles R. Jackson Distinguished Scholarship
- Zachary St. Clair, son of SSG (Ret) Stanley St. Clair of Edgar Springs, MO, and Kelly Peters of Anniston, AL, was the recipient of the NCOA Charles Calhoun Distinguished Scholarship
The NCOA Scholarship Fund has been providing grants to the children and spouses of NCOA members since 1975. To date more than 1.3 million dollars has been committed to educating tomorrow’s leaders.
We are also excited to announce that NCOA members SrA Corey M. Berry of San Antonio, TX and SSgt Adam B. Harris of Santa Maria, CA are the recipients of full tuition NCOA University of Phoenix Scholarships. These scholarships will provide the recipients the opportunity to complete an undergraduate or master’s degree program at the University of Phoenix.
NCOA is grateful to the University of Phoenix and our members and chapters. Without their generosity, none of these scholarships would be possible.