NCOA Scholarship Recipients Announced
Fourteen NCOA scholarships were recently awarded to dependents of NCOA members. NCOA Scholarships are initially awarded for one academic year, but the student may be considered to receive this assistance throughout four years of undergraduate study if the student maintains a “B” average, carries the prescribed minimum of 15 hours and submits the required renewal application.
Receiving NCOA scholarships for the 2016-17 school year are:
- Nelcy D. Avila, daughter of CW5 Fernando and Blanca Avila of Waldorf, MD
- Kamille D. Bonecutter, daughter of SMSgt (Ret) Ronald and Patricia Bonecutter, of Gallipolis Ferry, WV
- David P. Ethridge, son of Army Veteran SGT Thomas Hall and Lori Ethridge of Marietta, GA, recipient of the NCOA Walter W. Krueger Distinguished Scholarship
- Madeleine Hayes, daughter of MCPO (Ret) Jeffrey and Tammy Hayes of Willis, TX, recipient of the NCOA Charles Calhoun Distinguished Scholarship
- Alex A. Headlough, daughter of MSG (Ret) Mark Headlough and Andrea Plumlee of Temecula, CA
- Leonia M. Hunt, daughter of MSgt David and Veronica Hunt of Merritt Island, FL
- Megan B. Kemper, daughter of Air Force Veteran SSgt Ben and Kim Kemper of Castle Rock, CO, recipient of the NCOA Gary R. Pfingston Distinguished Scholarship
- Kristin Kim, daughter of SCPO (Ret) Michael and Song Kim of Fredericksburg, VA, recipient of the NCOA Charles R. Jackson Distinguished Scholarship
- Ashley Kutac, daughter of CSM Patrick and Karen Kutac of Colorado Springs, CO
- Dillon C. Luedtke, son of CSM and Mrs. Frank Luedtke of Fayetteville, NC
- Allison M. McCrea, daughter of Army Veteran SPC Kevin and Marie McCrea of Plymouth Meeting, PA, recipient of the E.L. “Ben” Benzel Distinguished Scholarship
- Jake C. Prather, son of MSG Gilbert and Jackie Prather of DeRidder, LA
- Marisa R. Rizzo, daughter of Navy Veteran PO3 Paul and Barbie Rizzo of Plainville, CT, recipient of the NCOA L.D. “Crow” Crawford Distinguished Scholarship
- Rachel L. Westby, daughter of Navy Veteran PO3 Dean and Army Veteran SPC Linda Westby of Tucson, AZ
The NCOA Scholarship Fund has been providing grants to the children and spouses of NCOA members since 1975. To date nearly 1.5 million dollars has been committed to educating tomorrow’s leaders.
NCOA is grateful to our members and chapters and corporate supporters. Without their continued generosity, none of these scholarships would be possible.